Sunday, December 1, 2013

Early to Rise

I recently learned a bit more about the maxim, "Early to bed, early to rise" during a visit with my daughter in San Francisco.

My return flight was at 6:15 a.m.  Since the airport Gestapo demands an hour to harass, radiate and grope you, I needed to be at the airport by 5:15.  My son-in-law estimated that the drive to the airport would take about 45 minutes.  So, we needed to leave the flat at 4:30.  4:30!

I woke at 4:15 and crept blindly around in the dark, trying to pull on some clothes and find my luggage without waking anyone else.  

I stumbled down the stairwell's three flights.  At the bottom, my son-in-law unlocked the stairwell door. 

Just outside, a male prostitute said, "Wanna date?"




I blurted out, "IT'S 4:30 IN THE MORNING!"

Nurse's Note:  My answer might have been different if it had been 10:00   :)


1 comment:

  1. HAHA! I especially love the "airport Gestapo". - Charis

    ReplyDelete