Thursday, October 11, 2012

Whalese

At dinner my daughter told me that she had listened to whale sounds in school. 
 
I told her that I speak Whale.  Not all Whale, of course, but some of the more common dialects.
 
She looked skeptical.  "Really?"
 
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeoooooooooooooooooeeee," I said.  "That's Blue Whale.  Now, Humpback Whale is completely different.  In Humpback, it would be, 'Iiiiiiiooooooooooooooiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuiiiiuuuuu'.  Beluga Whale is a tonal language.  To say it in Beluga, it would sound like, 'Eeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'.  And, the Minke Whale--well, my Minke is poor, but I think it is, 'Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooeeeeooooooooooeeeoooooooo'."

 



She was trying not to laugh.  "What is that supposed to mean?"  she asked.

"It means, 'Ellen, clean the kitchen'." 



I'm a creative tyrant.

1 comment:

  1. Big Chief Wahoo special rain dance no work for shit, now sweat lodge foundation cracked as fuck.

    Same genetics that make Big Chief good for 10,000 meter Olympic run also make Big Chief pass out and make Great River in pants after drink fire water.

    But Big Chief now check this blog daily and not ready to go off to Great Happy Hunting Ground in sky quite yet.

    ReplyDelete